TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Clicking in Phone Line From Electric Fence

Re: Clicking in Phone Line From Electric Fence

Gary Breuckman (puma@catbox.com)
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 22:18:36 -0500

In article <telecom23.518.4@telecom-digest.org>, "Matt"
<spammers@are.bad.com> wrote:

> Hi,

> Got a weird problem that I'm looking for a possible resolution
> to. There is a fairly large farm with about a mile of electric fence

> The phone line for the caretaker and ONE of the two office
> lines experience a continual hum as well as a click, click, click,
> click, click, every time the electric fence fires off. The program
> director does not experience any known issue on his line, and the other
> line in the office is fine. I find this very odd, since both of the
> office lines come in (presumably) on the same cable?

Perhaps the one phone line is unbalanced, or has leakage to ground.
The telco should have equipment to check this. Also trying different
telephones may make a difference, especially if the one with the problem
is one of those el-cheapo electronic ones.

-- Gary Breuckman

Go to Next message: Jeff nor Lisa: "Re: Home Phones Face Uncertain Future"
Go to Previous message: Carl Zwanzig: "Re: Clicking in Phone Line From Electric Fence"
May be in reply to: Matt: "Clicking in Phone Line From Electric Fence"