TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Verizon California Terminates ISDN, FX, Other Services

Re: Verizon California Terminates ISDN, FX, Other Services

Tim@Backhome.org
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 02:52:37 -0700

What useful purpose does ISDN serve these days?

Also, with VOIP who needs FX these days?

Jeff Sutter wrote:

> In my Verizon bill, there was a tiny insert, advising me that a number
> of services would be "grandfathered", including some I've never heard
> of, nor have the people at the Verizon (GTE) office.

> They include (abbreviated list -- several custom calling bundles
> omitted)

> Digital ISDN Single Line Service
> Verizon Dial Datalink Service
> Foreign Exchange Service - Primary Service Residence

> and "InContact".

> GTE always made it extremely difficult to obtain residential or
> business FX or ISDN services, and their billing of said services was
> often fraught with gross errors (some in the customer's favor). It is
> unfortunate that their obfuscation and pricing policies will now
> result in justifying the end of useful technologies.

Go to Next message: Doug Krause: "Re: What Happened to Channel 1?"
Go to Previous message: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Home Phones Face Uncertain Future"
May be in reply to: Jeff Sutter: "Verizon California Terminates ISDN, FX, Other Services"