TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: iPhone. I Really Want to Like it and Get it But ... Quick Analysis

iPhone. I Really Want to Like it and Get it But ... Quick Analysis

pattyjamas@hotmail.com
Sun, 01 Jul 2007 14:24:14 -0700

I am sure everyone knows the below. Like to see if others feel the
same way or perhaps correct some issues or errors in my comments on
iPhone

-Hard to type without hitting wrong keys. Will take
practice. I doubt you could be a fast typer.

-Must press hard on screen at times.

-No multitasking in apps that I saw. You use one at a time. I do not
think you could download a YouTube video (dumb example) while browsing
the Internet or using the calculator. But then again I had limited
time to play with the phone. However of course if a call comes in,
then you can answer the call.

-Internet Web browser via Edge network very very slow which would turn
me off immediately. Perhaps next version will use HSPDA network like
Cingular 8525 at 1/2 the price.

-Data Plan is $20 on top of voice plan regardless of what the ads
say. More than $20 if you are a big text message person (more than
200/month)

-No dialing by voice but perhaps it might work if you have Bluetooth
set. You can get voice dialing if you use their network to store your
phone numbers and then pay and extra $5 a month. Comments???

-As you all know, you cannot get insurance on the phone from ATT.

Still pretty cool.

Sincerely

Patty

Go to Next message: CALLGATE Updates: "Current VoIP Rates Update - July 2007"
Go to Previous message: Danny Burstein: "Remembering The Chicago Aurora & Elgin Railway: July 3, 1957"
May be reply: pattyjamas@hotmail.com: "Re: iPhone. I Really Want to Like it and Get it But ... Quick Analysis"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page