TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: "Vibranxiety" Afflicts Many Cellphone Users

Re: "Vibranxiety" Afflicts Many Cellphone Users

Rick Merrill (rick0.merrill@NOSPAM.gmail.com)
Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:26:40 -0400

John Mayson wrote:

> http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/06/vibranxiety_aff.html

> "Ever think your cell phone was vibrating and reach into your pocket
> to answer it only to find it wasn't vibrating at all? You're not alone
> according to a report in USA Today. The story examines the phenomenon
> of phantom cell phone vibration and posits explanations ranging from
> behavioral (your phone has trained you to be on alert for vibrations)
> to neurological (your brain becomes wired to sensations you experience
> regularly). Whatever the answer may be, it's better than "You're
> nuts.""

> [JCM - I used to work around high voltage. I had both hands inside a
> high-power power-supply when my pager went off. It was set to
> vibrate. I literally threw my tools across the lab thinking I had
> been shocked. The rest of my days in that lab, I had my pager set to
> audible.]

> John Mayson <john@mayson.us>
> Austin, Texas, USA

JCM, great story! thanks for sharing it.

Go to Next message: Sam Spade: "Re: "All the President's Men" (Still More Movie Phone Trivial)"
Go to Previous message: USTelecom dailyLead: "Telecom Execs: Convergence, IPTV Will Drive Broadband Demand"
May be in reply to: John Mayson: ""Vibranxiety" Afflicts Many Cellphone Users"