TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Question About NXX Exchange Numbers: Are They Geographic Areas?

Re: Question About NXX Exchange Numbers: Are They Geographic Areas?

Scott Dorsey (kludge@panix.com)
10 May 2007 14:49:22 -0400

<hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com> wrote:

> On May 7, 5:23 pm, Patrick E. Burns <patrickbu...@economicrt.org>
> wrote:

>> I work for a non-profit which is just about to conduct a telephone
>> survey of rental households in Los Angeles, and we are seeking maps
>> (or mapable information) about telephone numbers. When we call renters
>> (as well as smaller sample of apartment owners), we want to know if
>> they fall in the City of Los Angeles or an adjacent community.

> How would you know if a household is rental, boarder, or homeowner?

> I must point out that although your project is legal in the U.S.,
> these surveys, which I seem to be bombarded with at home, are a
> nuisance. Some households have ill people and such phone calls
> represent an unnecessary disturbance and hardship on such people. It
> certainly was to my family. I had to rip out my mother's phone line --
> and cut off my telephone contact with her -- as a result of such calls.

As a consequence, many people feed invalid information into such
surveys. Therefore, the results gathered in this way are extremely
suspect.

--scott

Go to Next message: Michael D. Sullivan: "Re: Question About NXX Exchange Numbers: Are They Geographic"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Question About NXX Exchange Numbers: Are They Geographic Areas?"
May be in reply to: Patrick E. Burns: "Question About NXX Exchange Numbers: Are They Geographic Areas?"