TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cingular - AT&T ?

Re: Cingular - AT&T ?

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
9 May 2007 07:50:06 -0700

On May 8, 5:57 pm, Steven J. Sobol <sjso...@JustThe.net> wrote:

> Cingular has never been an independent company. It was formed by a
> joint venture of SBC and BellSouth. Both companies have been bought by
> AT&T, and Cingular's been re-branded. Again. :)

I thought those companies bought AT&T (see Pat's comments) ???

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Southwestern Bell (SBC) bought AT&T. _Prior_
to SBC's acquistion of AT&T, AT&T had (independently on its own)
purchased BellSouth. Southwestern Bell (SBC) and BellSouth were the
joint owners of Cingular Wireless. So now, Southwestern Bell (SBC) and
the (AT&T/BellSouth combo) were the joint owners of Cingular Wireless.

Then, Southwestern Bell (SBC) bought out the AT&T/BellSouth combo, and
changed its corporate name to at&t. So now, the 'new' at&t becomes
the sole owner of Cingular Wireless. Is that all as clear as mud? PAT]

Go to Next message: Steven J. Sobol: "Re: Cingular - AT&T ?"
Go to Previous message: Al Gillis: "Re: Cingular - AT&T ?"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Cingular - AT&T ?"