TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Why I Am Not Switching to Verizon

Re: Why I Am Not Switching to Verizon

Steven J. Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Sat, 5 May 2007 17:49:30 UTC

In article <telecom26.120.7@telecom-digest.org>, Fred Atkinson wrote:

> Would you please tell me who these *good* ISPs are (dialups excluded)
> and which of these *good* ISPs I can get in Marietta, GA?.

I was referring to the original question about New York. I know
nothing about what's available in Marietta, except to say that one of
the big guys may do better for you than a local telco. Earthlink,
Speakeasy and Covad, for example, all resell DSL and cable connections
from the telcos. Speakeasy and Covad offer additional services not
offered by the phone company. If you use a reseller, you're still
generally using the telco's wires (or in some cases, the cable
company's), but don't have to deal with their crappy customer service.

Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Victorville, California PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.

Go to Next message: Tom Horne, Electrician: "Re: George the Jack Russell Terrior Dies a Hero Saving Chidren"
Go to Previous message: Carl Navarro: "Re: Why I Am Not Switching to Verizon"
May be in reply to: zalek: "Why I Am Not Switching to Verizon"