TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Top Spammer Arrested; Watch for Decrease in Spam Mail

Re: Top Spammer Arrested; Watch for Decrease in Spam Mail

mc (look@www.ai.uga.edu.for.address)
Thu, 31 May 2007 19:45:10 -0400

>> Prosecutors say Soloway used computers infected with malicious code to
>> send out millions of junk e-mails since 2003. The computers are called
>> "zombies" because owners typically have no idea their machines have
>> been infected.

> They should try using the Rico Laws because of his use of zombies.

Definitely.

And look at where his money was coming from. How many people were knowingly
paying him to do fraudulent and illegal things? They're guilty, too.

And was anybody paying him to sabotage and degrade the nation's e-mail
system?

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: To answer your question 'how many
people were knowingly allowing this ...' my answer would be 'the
spam enablers are equally guilty'. The 'enablers' are the users who
sit there and try to convince you that 'email filtering' is the
answer; that we can repeatedly and without ceasing apply filters to
our email and newsgroups, all the while Soloway continues to plug
up our filters to the point they are almost unusable. Oh, when really
pressed on this issue, they will bitch and moan about users (or
actually, ABusers) like Soloway and how evil they are, yet they will
rarely, if ever, 'vote' with either their money or their efforts to
put people like Soloway out of business on his own, and if anyone
dares to suggest some guerilla-like tactics to accomplish the same
thing, they will shudder and tell you how awful you are for thinking
and speaking about it. We should NOT have to use email filtering;
why should WE have to endure it? But, that's the enablers for you.
They prefer to punish the rest of us. PAT]

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "More Old Movie Phone Scenes"
Go to Previous message: Tom Horsley: "Re: Top Spammer Arrested; Watch for Decrease in Spam Mail"
May be in reply to: Gene Johnson, AP Legal Affairs Writer: "Top Spammer Arrested; Watch for Decrease in Spam Mail"