TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Telephone Dialing in Old Movies

Re: Telephone Dialing in Old Movies

Neal McLain (nmclain@annsgarden.com)
Sat, 19 May 2007 22:22:54 -0500

PAT wrote:

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: But, please remember that in smaller
> towns with only one phone exchange (example 620-331) oftn times we
> only orally give the last four digits when speaking with someone,
> although we are required to dial all seven to make a call. PAT]

True -- same thing happens with 979-798 here in Texas. But that
wasn't what happened in the unnamed movie: in that case, the wife
clearly (and nervously) dialed four digits on a rotary dial phone.

I wish I could remember the name of that movie. Anybody recognize it?

Neal McLain

Go to Next message: Margaret Lillard, AP : "MySpace to Share Sex Offender Data"
Go to Previous message: harold@hallikainen.com: "Re: Telephone Dialing in Old Movies, Police Radio"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page