TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Telephone Dialing in Old Movies, Police Radio

Re: Telephone Dialing in Old Movies, Police Radio

Henry (henry999@eircom.net)
Thu, 17 May 2007 10:58:48 +0300

<hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com> wrote:

> Also of course cops on foot had no radios and radios in patrol cars
> were rare.

Although eventually of course radios did come in. There's an old joke
about three gangsters sitting around shooting the bull. The first guy
brags 'My Ford can go 120 miles-per-hour!' 'Aw, that's nuthin'!' retorts
the second thug. 'My Chevy goes 130!' 'W-e-l-l-l-l yeah,' wisecracks
the third one, the joker of the group. 'But now the cops got those
Motorolas that go 186,000 miles-per-second!'

cheers,

Henry

Go to Next message: Paul: "Re: Telephone Dialing in Old Movies, Police Radio - TELECOM"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Telephone Dialing in Old Movies, Police Radio"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page