TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: A Message from AT&T for Yahoo Members

Re: A Message from AT&T for Yahoo Members

John Mayson (john@mayson.us)
Sat, 12 May 2007 20:47:24 -0500

> AT&T Yahoo! Member Services

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Just one more reason to drop Yahoo Mail
> A.S.A.P. How many of these 'unlimited storage' email things does one
> need, especially combined with lots of advertising? PAT]

I've been waiting with bated breath for at&t (before that SBC and
before that Southwestern Bell) to offer DSL in my neighborhood because
it's 1/3 the cost of my cable modem service with Time Warner. However
after talking to DSL customers, I'm beginning to have second thoughts.

I rarely have issues with my broadband service, but when I do I can
usually talk to the tech and prove to him (not being sexist, it's
always a male) I know what I'm talking about. Once I spit out outputs
of ifconfig, ping, and talk about my TCP/IP settings, we can move
beyond the "is your blue cable plugged into your cable modem". I
understand that at&t Texas DSL will not do this. They must "follow
the script" so you end up spending 10 minutes checking things like
power and cables.

at&t has long been partnered with Yahoo!. I'm a Google-fan myself and
really don't like Yahoo! Mail very much. I guess there's at least two
of us. :-)

John Mayson <john@mayson.us>
Austin, Texas, USA

Go to Next message: John Mayson: "Re: Welsh Operators Keep it English"
Go to Previous message: Sam Spade: "Re: Question About NXX Exchange Numbers: Are They Geographic"
May be in reply to: (no name): "A Message from AT&T for Yahoo Members"