TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Question About NXX Exchange Numbers: Are They Geographic Areas?

Re: Question About NXX Exchange Numbers: Are They Geographic Areas?

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
9 May 2007 09:54:14 -0700

On May 7, 5:23 pm, Patrick E. Burns <patrickbu...@economicrt.org>
wrote:

> I work for a non-profit which is just about to conduct a telephone
> survey of rental households in Los Angeles, and we are seeking maps
> (or mapable information) about telephone numbers. When we call renters
> (as well as smaller sample of apartment owners), we want to know if
> they fall in the City of Los Angeles or an adjacent community.

How would you know if a household is rental, boarder, or homeowner?

I must point out that although your project is legal in the U.S.,
these surveys, which I seem to be bombarded with at home, are a
nuisance. Some households have ill people and such phone calls
represent an unnecessary disturbance and hardship on such people. It
certainly was to my family. I had to rip out my mother's phone line --
and cut off my telephone contact with her -- as a result of such calls.

Consequently I refuse to answer your question. For other viewers who
choose to answer, I respectfully ask them to first thing about the
nuisance aspect such "survey" phone calls.

Go to Next message: Mike Z: "Re: Enterprise and Zenith Numbers"
Go to Previous message: Danny Burstein: "Re: Question About NXX Exchange Numbers: Are They Geographic Areas?"
May be in reply to: Patrick E. Burns: "Question About NXX Exchange Numbers: Are They Geographic Areas?"