TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay

Re: Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay

mc (look@www.ai.uga.edu.for.address)
Thu, 3 May 2007 18:10:13 -0400

<hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com> wrote in message

> Years ago, before computers were used to review resumes, they had
> clerks do it. The clerks, not knowing anything about technical
> positions, would simply scan the resume for certain buzzwords. You
> had to have the buzzword exactly right to be called in for an
> interview, a slight variation caused a rejection. ...

I once saw an ad at a London employment agency wanting people with
"Windows 97" experience. I wonder whether they got any.

Also, things like "minimum 5 years experience with Windows 2003 Server" are
unfortunately common.

Go to Next message: Richard Wood and Jayne Hulbert: "George the Jack Russell Terrior Dies a Hero Saving Chidren"
Go to Previous message: jsw: "Re: Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay"
May be in reply to: Duetche Presse Agentur: "Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay"