TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay

Re: Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay

mc (josh@phred.org)
Tue, 1 May 2007 18:53:28 -0700

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: No, not 'political correctness' run
> amok but an overabundance of spam/scam which makes email filters
> necessary. This is a perfect example of why email/web site filters do
> _not_ work as they should. People who attempt to legitimatly discuss
> ED (erectile disfunction) run into the same problems on the web as the
> people who wish to legiimatly discuss breast cancer. It cannot be done
> without having to fend off _thousands_ of email items from jackasses.
> PAT]

Spare some pity for the poor bicycle mechanic, who may in one posting
legitimately discuss spoke nipples (those nuts that tighten the spokes
in a wheel), chain whips (a tool used to turn gears), and latex tubes.

I've had any number of cycling-related emails flagged as
inappropriate, and been told my cycling web pages have been blocked
from libraries and schools, over this racy terminology.

josh@phred.org is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/
Updated Infrared Photography Gallery:
http://www.phred.org/~josh/photo/ir.html

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Oh yeah! I believe you ... and can you
imagine how many sites refuse to accept TELECOM Digest because no
actual human being reads it first to evaluate it. They leave it up to
their beloved software filters to look for words 'they know' are not
to be used. Or maybe because the overall size each day does not meet
their conception of 'how large' a 'regular' piece of email will be?
Or maybe there are too many links in the text, so this is a sure sign
of spamming and scamming. Or maybe because I put an email redirecting
address in the envelope. When I first got started on this Digest back
in the 1980's I used to take much umbrage when people did not receive
their copy each day. I would struggle and struggle to find out what
went wrong. I eventually decided it just was not worth the time to try
and correct fools ... and quit worrying about it. When I eventually
became 'the moderator who doesn't give a shit' it was a great
liberation for me. PAT]

Go to Next message: www.Queensbridge.us: "Re: Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay"
Go to Previous message: mc: "Re: Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay"
May be in reply to: Duetche Presse Agentur: "Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay"