TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Comcast Bait and Switch, "Unlimited" Has a New Meaning

Re: Comcast Bait and Switch, "Unlimited" Has a New Meaning

josh@phred.org
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 19:17:58 -0700

In article <telecom26.97.5@telecom-digest.org>, gberger@his.com says:

> The TV worked perfectly on that new cable outlet where we wanted to
> attach our computer and modem -- no hash, no fringes, no static, just
> a perfect picture.

> The teccie then tried to tell me that the wiring was still defective, as
> wiring that would pass a TV signal wasn't adequate for broadband.

We spent weeks dealing with a similar issue with Comcast, eventually
found a tech who was willing to try the connection straight to their
service point on the outside of the house, eliminating all house
wiring as a factor.

For the next several days, there seemed to me quite a few Comcast
service trucks in the neighborhood, working up on the poles, and
suddenly our connection was flawless.

josh@phred.org is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/
Braze your own bicycle frames. See
http://www.phred.org/~josh/build/build.html

Go to Next message: Neal McLain: "Re: Comcast Bait and Switch, "Unlimited" Has a New Meaning"
Go to Previous message: communicationsdirect_daily: "CommunicationsDirect News Daily Update"
May be in reply to: Chloe Albanesius: "Comcast Bait and Switch, "Unlimited" Has a New Meaning"