TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Google's Next Frontier: Television

Re: Google's Next Frontier: Television

Neal McLain (nmclain@annsgarden.com)
Mon, 09 Apr 2007 20:48:38 -0500

PAT wrote:

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: That is exactly how it is
> done here. It is done that way for the Toyota dealer in
> town and the Chevvy dealer. Except it does not include
> the phrase 'right here'; it says Romans Motor Company,
> (street number) West Main, Independence, Phone (number).
> PAT]

Independence (population 9,846 at the 2000 census) is at the high end of
the 5,000 - 10,000 range, so Cable One is able to make ad insertion work
financially with current technology.

My point remains, however, that Google's plan (or rather my version of
Google's plan, which may or may not be Google's version of its plan)
will reduce ad insertion costs dramatically. If costs drop as much as
I think they will, I'd guess that even cable systems with as few as 50
subscribers could make the numbers work. That also puts it within the
range of affordability for MDU complexes and mid-priced motels.

Neal McLain

Go to Next message: Scott Dorsey: "Re: Vonage Sued to Quit Using Verizon Patents"
Go to Previous message: Carl Zwanzig: "Re: Vonage Sued to Quit Using Verizon Patents"
May be in reply to: Neal McLain: "Google's Next Frontier: Television"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page