TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Reverse 911

Re: Reverse 911

Claude J Ortega (cj-usenet-01_SPAM@comcast.net)
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 10:13:12 -0600

rick0.merrill@NOSPAM.gmail.com says...

> Just received a call as follows:

> (999) 999-9999 NAME NOT FOUND

> and it was an "amber alert" about a missing boy in our town.

> Has anyone else heard of this?

Yep, my town is trying it out.

I have an answering machine on my line, to filter out the
telemarketers, and the reverse 911 system just hangs up without giving
out the 'important' message. :-(

Claude

Go to Next message: David B. Horvath, CCP: "Re: 511 Traffic Phone Lines May Raise Crash Risk"
Go to Previous message: Gordon S. Hlavenka: "Re: Can CAT6 Cable Share Phone/100Mbit Ethernet? TELECOM"
May be in reply to: Rick Merrill: "Reverse 911"