TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: BabyTEL Brings Back 7-Digit Dialing

Re: BabyTEL Brings Back 7-Digit Dialing

B. Wright (bmwright@xmission.com)
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 13:30:05 UTC

Nigel Allen <ndallen@interlog.com> wrote:

> The following press release was issued by babyTEL, a Montreal-based
> provider of VoIP service. I don't work for babyTEL, but I thought
> that the press release might be of interest.

> Attention News/Business Editors:
> babyTEL(TM) Brings Back 7-Digit Dialing

Not much new here, other VoIP services have offered 7 digit local
dialing for some time. This is also easy enough to do on your own
with a software PBX or something even as simple as number re-writes in
a Sipura SPA dialing plan. The international rates, just to use UK
mobile and 08, 0845, and 0870 as an example, $1.079CAD/$0.91USD for
+44845 and +44870 (surely, this is a joke?!), range for poor to
appallingly high. Not really anything special on the monthly service
fee bargain front either or any of the other included services which
many/most VoIP providers already have.

I normally wouldn't comment/care on this, but their press release is
ridiculous in the way they try to portray themselves as so cutting
edge, as if they are doing something that hasn't ever been done
before. It might seem cutting edge if you lived in a bubble the past
few years, but these guys are way behind the curve in a very
over-saturated cut-throat competitive VoIP service provider market
right now.

Go to Next message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: Telephone Area Codes and Prefixes"
Go to Previous message: Steven J. Sobol: "Re: A Call to Let Your Phone Loose"
May be in reply to: Nigel Allen: "BabyTEL Brings Back 7-Digit Dialing"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page