TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: How to Shut Down the Net

Re: How to Shut Down the Net

ellis@no.spam
Fri, 09 Feb 2007 08:10:08 -0000

In article <telecom26.42.6@telecom-digest.org>, mc
<look@www.ai.uga.edu.for.address> wrote:

> As I understand it, only very recently changed domain addresses would
> be affected by a temporary failure of the root servers.

If *all* the root name servers had been taken out, there would have
been a huge impact. Any domain that wasn't cached by your server
wouldn't have resolved. But taking them all down isn't an easy task.

http://deepcreekhotsprings.net/

Go to Next message: Charles Gray: "Re: Bell System History Book"
Go to Previous message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: What About Areas Where Alphabet is Not Like Ours?"
May be in reply to: Ted Bridis, Associated Press: "How to Shut Down the Net"