TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cable, HDTV and Must-Carry

Re: Cable, HDTV and Must-Carry

Garrett Wollman (wollman@csail.mit.edu)
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 15:51:50 UTC

In article <telecom26.26.5@telecom-digest.org>, Neal McLain
<nmclain@annsgarden.com> wrote:

> The FCC is considering imposing mandatory carriage for all subchannels
> ("multicasting"), but it hasn't taken formal action.

At least in market #6, all of the stations which have an interest in
doing so seem to have managed via retrans consent, and all are
available (HD and subchannels) in the clear over the Comcast system I
was able to check. (They are however remultiplexed and I suspect some
may be recompressed.)

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | The real tragedy of human existence is not that we are
wollman@csail.mit.edu| nasty by nature, but that a cruel structural asymmetry

Go to Next message: Dave Garland: "Re: The Idea of Paid Entries Angers Wikipedia Publisher"
Go to Previous message: Mike Sandman: "AT&T Analysis Video"
May be in reply to: Neal McLain: "Cable, HDTV and Must-Carry"