TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Is Your Telephone AC Power Dependent?

Re: Is Your Telephone AC Power Dependent?

nosmo_king58@yahoo.com
24 Jan 2007 13:04:13 -0800

On Jan 22, 6:51 pm, T <nospam.k...@cox.nospam.net> wrote:

> Around here they don't bother putting backup power at most cell sites.
> When Nextel put one of their cell sites on the building we're in we
> offered them a tap off our generator but they didn't want it.

The typical power "board" for a cell site consists of an AC-to-DC
rectifier system that changes the 240VAC commercial power to +24Vdc
needed for the equipment. Almost always, a string of twelve 2V VRLA
batteries is provided for backup. A common size for the battery string
is 1040 Ah (Amp-hours). The actual back-up time is dependent upon the
load being drawn by the cell site equipment, age/condition of the
batteries, ambient temp inside the cell site, etc.

Go to Next message: Reuters News Wire: "Last Laugh! Unpaid Fee Loses Debt Group's Web Site"
Go to Previous message: Scott Dorsey: "Re: My Space Sues Colorado Man for Spamming"
May be in reply to: Sam Spade: "Is Your Telephone AC Power Dependent?"