TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Is Your Telephone AC Power Dependent?

Re: Is Your Telephone AC Power Dependent?

T (nospam.kd1s@cox.nospam.net)
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 18:51:24 -0500

xxspfleck@xxcitlink.net says:

> In article <telecom26.21.5@telecom-digest.org>, hornetd@mindspring.com
> says:

>> Pat,

>> I don't mean to be insulting with this question so if it is
>> too obvious please forgive me. Is at least one telephone line
>> into your home exchange powered copper twisted pair? Do you

> Doesn't the cell tower connect to the rest of the world via copper or
> fiber feed ? How many of those towers have backup power ? The
> majority of tower sites in my rural area have 4 hours of battery
> backup without an on site generator. After 4 hours you are SOL.

> That's why our local ham radio repeater is located at one of the few
> cell tower sites with a standby generator. We also have 48 hours of
> battery backup.

> Steve
> N2UBP

Around here they don't bother putting backup power at most cell sites.
When Nextel put one of their cell sites on the building we're in we
offered them a tap off our generator but they didn't want it.

Go to Next message: DevilsPGD: "Re: Don't Call. Don't Write. Let Me Be."
Go to Previous message: USTelecom dailyLead: "Technology Sector Experiences M&A Boom in 2006"
May be in reply to: Sam Spade: "Is Your Telephone AC Power Dependent?"