TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Is Your Telephone AC Power Dependent?

Re: Is Your Telephone AC Power Dependent?

Steven Stone (xxspfleck@xxcitlink.net)
Sun, 21 Jan 2007 19:37:43 GMT

In article <telecom26.21.5@telecom-digest.org>, hornetd@mindspring.com
says:

> Pat,

> I don't mean to be insulting with this question so if it is
> too obvious please forgive me. Is at least one telephone line
> into your home exchange powered copper twisted pair? Do you

Doesn't the cell tower connect to the rest of the world via copper or
fiber feed ? How many of those towers have backup power ? The
majority of tower sites in my rural area have 4 hours of battery
backup without an on site generator. After 4 hours you are SOL.

That's why our local ham radio repeater is located at one of the few
cell tower sites with a standby generator. We also have 48 hours of
battery backup.

Steve
N2UBP

Go to Next message: Steven Stone: "Re: Vista: Worthy, Largely Unexciting"
Go to Previous message: Sam Spade: "Is Your Telephone AC Power Dependent?"
May be in reply to: Sam Spade: "Is Your Telephone AC Power Dependent?"