TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Robots Will Get Same Rights as Humans

Re: Robots Will Get Same Rights as Humans

David Wolff (dwolffxx@panix.com)
Sat, 30 Dec 2006 22:54:22 UTC

In article <telecom25.429.4@telecom-digest.org>, Scott Dorsey
<kludge@panix.com> wrote:

> If a system passes the Turing test, does it deserve the same rights as
> a human being?

> If so, what about people who do not pass the Turing test? Do they
> deserve the rights they currently have?

> As Eliza always said, "Tell me more about the Turing test."
> --scott

I think _Analog_ (analogsf.com) had a story like this a year or two
ago.

If you couldn't pass the Turing test, you weren't allowed to vote.
Think about it. If you can't convince a human being that *you're* a
human being ...

Thanks --

David

(Remove "xx" to reply.)

Go to Next message: mc: "Re: Robots Will Get Same Rights as Humans"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: AT&T 'Family' Reunion: Merger Approved"
May be in reply to: Sharon Gaudin: "Robots Will Get Same Rights as Humans"