TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: AT&T 'Family' Reunion: Merger Approved

Re: AT&T 'Family' Reunion: Merger Approved

Sam Spade (Sam@coldmail.com)
Sat, 30 Dec 2006 02:45:56 -0800

TELECOM Digest Editor wrote:

> AT&T _mostly_ got its way very late Friday afternoon when the Federal
> Communications voted to agree to the merger between AT&T and
> BellSouth. Democrats on the Commission held out for concessions,
> including among others, 'Network Neutrality' and a continued
> discounting in rates for wholesalers; i.e. the former Prairie Stream
> Communications and the existing Sage Telecom.

I read somewhere that this "Network Neutrality" promise is only for
two years. Is that your understanding?

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: That's how I understand it also. And
AT&T whined about having to do that little for us. PAT]

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: AT&T 'Family' Reunion: Merger Approved"
Go to Previous message: T: "Re: AT&T 'Family' Reunion: Merger Approved"
May be in reply to: TELECOM Digest Editor: "AT&T 'Family' Reunion: Merger Approved"