TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Old Phones Can't be Activated Anymore

Re: Old Phones Can't be Activated Anymore

Steven J. Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Thu, 28 Dec 2006 22:47:55 UTC

In article <telecom25.427.1@telecom-digest.org>, support@sellcom.com wrote:

> We were told by Alltel that they could not re-activate any of our old
> phones because they did not have GPS for the E911. The ones we have
> are Motorola V.60 phones not antiques.

> They said it is a new Federal law.

That's correct. It's been a federal requirement for a while now.

Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Victorville, California PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.

Go to Next message: nonoise: "Re: Old Phones Can't be Activated Anymore"
Go to Previous message: Dan Lanciani: "Re: Spam Surge Drives Net Crime Spree"
May be in reply to: support@sellcom.com: "Old Phones Can't be Activated Anymore"