TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cell Phones and Cancer

Re: Cell Phones and Cancer

T (nospam.kd1s@cox.nospam.net)
Sat, 23 Dec 2006 00:00:47 -0500

lincmad@suespammers.org says ...

> In article <telecom25.422.3@telecom-digest.org>, John Stahl
> <aljon@stny.rr.com> wrote:

>> But, hey, what about those people who hang a BlueTooth device (it
>> emits RF energy, too) on their ear and wear it all day long? A cell
>> phone is only used occasionally, brought to the ear then put back on
>> the belt or into the purse, or where ever it is stored. What about
>> the effects of prolonged RF energy from the BT ear piece in direct
>> contact with the ear/head? That will be another "story", won't it?

> Actually, no. The cellphone itself has to talk to the cell tower,
> which might be several kilometers away; the BlueTooth device only has
> to communicate over a range of a couple of meters. Even with 24/7
> exposure, you'd need aeons to have detectable effects. The risk is
> somewhere up there with being eaten by Martians.

> Of course, the real answer to people who worry about the radiation
> from their cellphones is to use a wired hands-free kit. If you have
> the cellphone at arm's length instead of right next to your skull, the
> radiation risk goes from negligible to super-duper-extra-negligible.
> Seriously, it's trivial to reduce the cellphone radiation strength
> reaching your brain a millionfold or more -- not that the risk at full
> strength is anything to worry about to begin with.

Power drops at the square of the distance if I'm correct.

Go to Next message: DevilsPGD: "Re: Cell Phones and Cancer"
Go to Previous message: AES: "AT&T Residential Rate Increases?"
May be in reply to: Charles Gray: "Cell Phones and Cancer"