TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Urban Legend or Never Before Heard of Truth?

Re: Urban Legend or Never Before Heard of Truth?

AES (siegman@stanford.edu)
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:31:43 -0800

In article <telecom25.421.6@telecom-digest.org>, panoptes@iquest.net
wrote:

> Once tone dial was introduced, there certainly was never a requirement
> that the tone generator be connected to the wall by a wire all the
> way. The Apple Newton had that capability over ten years ago, and I
> remember reports of other portable devices that could dial that way:

Do I have a vague memory that a very early version of Now Contact -- or
some other Mac application? -- could tone dial to a handset through the
computer's built-in speaker?

Go to Next message: Tom Horsley: "Re: High School Student Charged in Computer Hacking Scheme"
Go to Previous message: Geoffrey Welsh: "Re: Disk Drive Pioneer Al Sugart Dies"
May be in reply to: HOWARD PIERPONT: "Urban Legend or Never Before Heard of Truth?"