TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: High School Student Charged in Computer Hacking Scheme

Re: High School Student Charged in Computer Hacking Scheme

Koos van den Hout (koos+newsposting@kzdoos.xs4all.nl)
17 Dec 2006 18:03:33 GMT

Douane D. James <sun-sentinal@telecom-digest.org> wrote in
<telecom25.415.1@telecom-digest.org>:

> Cooper City High School's senior class president was arrested Tuesday
> and charged in a grade-tampering scandal that has rocked the campus.

> Ryan C. Shrouder, 18, of Cooper City, was taken to jail from school
> and charged with two counts of computer crime with intent to defraud,

> He was released from jail on bail, has been suspended from
> school and will be recommended for expulsion, said Joe Melita, head of
> the Broward County School District's investigative unit.

"Interesting" how he is charged with (i.e. suspected to have done
certain crimes, if I understand US terminology correctly) but the
school directly passes judgment and punishes him dearly by suspension
and probably expulsion.

Koos van den Hout

The Virtual Bookcase, the site about books, book | Koos van den Hout
news and reviews http://www.virtualbookcase.com/ | http://idefix.net/~koos/
PGP keyid DSS/1024 0xF0D7C263 or RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5| Fax +31-30-2817051

Go to Next message: nonoise: "Re: High School Student Charged in Computer Hacking Scheme"
Go to Previous message: Korey Smith: "Re: High School Student Charged in Computer Hacking Scheme"
May be in reply to: Douane D. James: "High School Student Charged in Computer Hacking Scheme"