TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Your Email Address Known by Police?

Re: Your Email Address Known by Police?

mc (look@www.ai.uga.edu.for.address)
Mon, 11 Dec 2006 10:24:28 -0500

mc <look@www.ai.uga.edu.for.address> wrote in message

>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: There are so many holes in this
>> proposal!

>> And with the huge amount of porn and spam on the net these days,
>> which of you can say with assurance your email name/address has
>> never been forged? PAT]

> I think, in fact, that the way spammers operate, everyone's e-mail address
> *has* been forged many times, and will continue to be, unless it's a very
> rarely used address.

> Legislators don't know how the Internet works.

Come to think of it, this may be what it takes to dissuade spammers
from forging e-mail addresses. "How do you know you're not
impersonating a sex offender?"

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Seriously, I doubt that it matters
all that much to your average, garden-variety spammer. They are
all such hit-and-run users anyway. They just send out their garbage
and rush along to some other database to rip off. PAT]

Go to Next message: Reuters News Wire: "Microsoft Starts Test of New VoIP Server"
Go to Previous message: Mr Joseph Singer: "Re: Unlocking Cell Phones Does Not Violate DMCA"
May be in reply to: David Garrett, Newsfactor: "Your Email Address Known by Police?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page