TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: FBI Taps Cell Phone Mic as Eavesdropping Tool

Re: FBI Taps Cell Phone Mic as Eavesdropping Tool

ellis@no.spam
Mon, 04 Dec 2006 04:48:38 -0000

Monty Solomon <monty@roscom.com> wrote:

> The FBI appears to have begun using a novel form of electronic
> surveillance in criminal investigations: remotely activating a mobile
> phone's microphone and using it to eavesdrop on nearby conversations.

I wondered how long it'd take for that to start happening. Will the
criminals catch on and start taking the batteries out of their phones?

http://yosemitephotos.net/

Go to Next message: Leslie Katz & Michelle Meyers: "Cell Phone Signal Narrows Search for Missing CNET Editor and Family"
Go to Previous message: ellis@no.spam: "Re: Police Dislike Informant's Web Site"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "FBI Taps Cell Phone Mic as Eavesdropping Tool"