TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Electrical Grounding

Re: Electrical Grounding

Carl Zwanzig (zbang@radix.net)
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 00:31:07 -0000

Dan <danrajjj007@gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the effect of having an electrical ground close to a telecom
> (telephone land line) ground and what is the recommended distance they
> should be apart.

Usually they should be zero inches apart.

That said, the ground that you find in an outlet should not be
trusted, run a wire directly to a metalic water pipe (but not a
sprinkler), building steel, or back to the electrical system grounding
conductor. (IIRC, in some cases, which I'm not going to look up at
the moment, you're -required- to bond to the electrical system
ground.)

z!

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Camera Phones Focus on Police Misconduct on Los Angeles"
Go to Previous message: Neal McLain: "Re: Electrical Grounding"
May be in reply to: Dan: "Electrical Grounding"