TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Internet Fax Services?

Re: Internet Fax Services?

Raqueeb Hassan (wideangle@gmail.com)
4 Nov 2006 22:43:48 -0800

On Nov 4, 8:11 am, Carl Navarro <cnava...@wcnet.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 19:31:35 GMT, Mark Atwood <m...@mark.atwood.name>
> wrote:

>> Vonage has started tacking on a ten dollar surcharge if you want
>> to receive faxes over their service.
>> There used to be a whole bunch of internet "free fax" services, where
>> you would get assigned a phone number, and faxes received on that
>> number would get emailed to you. They made their money on the
>> arbitrage of call settlement.

>> But I can't seem to find any such services anymore. They all have
>> free 30 day trials, but then require a monthly subscription fee.

>> Would about $14 a year be O.K? I switched from efax to maxEmail
>> http://www.maxemail.com about 3 years ago. It works fine for
>> incoming and I have yet to use up my $3.00 outbound fax credit.
>> They have some limit for free faxes on the plan, but I have never
>> exceeded it, (200 or 500 I think).

>> Carl Navarro

I used efax couple of times, they seem to be okay even as free
service. You might like to see the comparison of different fax
services here at ...

http://www.a2.com/telecom/freefax.html

Raqueeb Hassan
Bangladesh

Go to Next message: Steven Lichter: "Re: How Do I Do Something to Phone Solicitation People?"
Go to Previous message: telecomdirect_daily: "TelecomDirect News Daily Update - November 06, 2006"
May be in reply to: Mark Atwood: "Internet Fax Services?"