TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Internet Fax Services?

Re: Internet Fax Services?

Carl Navarro (cnavarro@wcnet.org)
Fri, 03 Nov 2006 21:11:47 -0500

On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 19:31:35 GMT, Mark Atwood <me@mark.atwood.name>
wrote:

> Vonage has started tacking on a ten dollar surcharge if you want
> to receive faxes over their service.

> There used to be a whole bunch of internet "free fax" services, where
> you would get assigned a phone number, and faxes received on that
> number would get emailed to you. They made their money on the
> arbitrage of call settlement.

> But I can't seem to find any such services anymore. They all have
> free 30 day trials, but then require a monthly subscription fee.

Would about $14 a year be O.K? I switched from efax to maxEmail
(www.maxemail.com about 3 years ago. It works fine for incoming and I
have yet to use up my $3.00 outbound fax credit. They have some limit
for free faxes on the plan, but I have never exceeded it, (200 or 500
I think).

Carl Navarro

Go to Next message: NOTvalid@Queensbridge.us: "FTC and Novel Concept"
Go to Previous message: Fred Atkinson: "Re: Internet Fax Services?"
May be in reply to: Mark Atwood: "Internet Fax Services?"