TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Study Suggests Link Between Cell Phone Use, Low Sperm Count

Re: Study Suggests Link Between Cell Phone Use, Low Sperm Count

bob Weller (bob@weller.org)
Tue, 24 Oct 2006 22:32:35 -0700

Exposure to the modest RF energy from a cell phone is highly unlikely,
in my view, to cause reduced sperm count. Even if you place the cell
phone at your belt line and use a headset, there is insufficient
energy to cause temperature elevation sufficient to impact male
fertility.

A more likely explanation is that people typically use cellphones
while sedentary. More cell phone use may equate with a more sedentary
lifestyle, and poor fitness leads to decreased fertility.
[Magnusdottir, et al., Persistent organochlorines, sedentary
occupation, obesity and human male subfertility, Human Reproduction
2005 20(1):208-215]. Sedentary lifestyles also lead to many other
factors that can result in decreased fertility.

Bob Weller
IEEE Committee on Man and Radiation (COMAR)
International Committee on Electromagnetic Safety, SC4 (RF)

Go to Next message: Paul: "Re: Our Population Hits 300 Million on Tuesday"
Go to Previous message: gb: "Re: How to Block Display of Phone Number When You Dial 800 Number"
May be in reply to: fatkinson@mishmash.com: "Study Suggests Link Between Cell Phone Use, Low Sperm Count"