TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Can You Help ID This Problem: Caller Speaks up; Nothing But Noise

Re: Can You Help ID This Problem: Caller Speaks up; Nothing But Noise

deniz.turkmen@gmail.com
11 Oct 2006 11:21:11 -0700

I contacted AT&T, they could not locate any local problems so they
said it must be either (1) caller's long distance company or (2) our
toll-free provider.

I contacted toll-free provider and told them the problem, next day
their customer rep said "problem was fixed" (which was written on her
screen, so we don't know the technical details.)

In both cases I supplied the same phone number which I believe the
problematic one, according to my own records (but again, I assume I
isolated the problem just because I heard the bad static when I bypass
the phone system on that particular line).

No static calls so far, fingers crossed.

Thanks for all the help.

- Deniz

deniz.turkmen@gmail.com wrote:

> Thanks for the response. I will try to isolate the problem. Thankfully
> phone system comes with an internal logging system so when someone
> reports a bad call I can look it up and find which landline was having
> that problem. So far I don't have enough data to find a pattern (well,
> yes first 2 lines are the one with most problems so far but it could be
> just because they are used the most).

Go to Next message: Neal McLain: "Re: Copyright royalties (was Pirate Radio Stations...)"
Go to Previous message: telecomdirect_daily: "TelecomDirect News Daily Update - October 11, 2006"
May be in reply to: deniz.turkmen@gmail.com: "Can You Help ID This Problem: Caller Speaks up; Nothing But Noise"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page