TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: VoIP Attracts Small-Business Customers

Re: VoIP Attracts Small-Business Customers

support@sellcom.com
Thu, 28 Sep 2006 01:13:32 -0400

USTelecom dailyLead <ustelecom@dailylead.com> said on
that big USENET thingie:

> * VoIP attracts small-business customers
> BUSINESS & INDUSTRY WATCH

Has anyone else heard that some of the VOIP hardware is not fully POTS
compatible, in that it sometimes won't support a business phone
system? I have heard that some of them are only designed to handle
one or two "phones".

Steve

www.sellcom.com for firewood splitters, ergonomic chairs,
office phone systems, "non-mov" surge protection, Exabyte,
CA, Minuteman, Brave Products, Fisch, TMC, Panasonic and more
Check out http://www.guardian.name

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Any phone system which can 'grab' or
connect to a pair of wires connecting to a VOIP installation works
okay. For example, my puny little system: If I dial '9' from any
phone, I connect to a landline outside. If I dial '8', I connect to
the VOIP adapter and whatever is connected to it. Granted, the VOIP
adapter (at least the one I have here) can only serve two lines at
one time, but, if it mattered that much to me, I could keep stacking
up the VOIP adapter boxes and continue the plug-ins. PAT]

Go to Next message: BrianEWilliams: "Re: Headset Hack"
Go to Previous message: telecomdirect_daily: "TelecomDirect News Daily Update - September 28, 2006"
May be in reply to: USTelecom dailyLead: "VoIP Attracts Small-Business Customers"