TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Best Way to Answer a Business Phone?

Re: Best Way to Answer a Business Phone?

Marc Haber (mh+usenetspam0339@zugschl.us)
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:24:34 +0200

mc <look@www.ai.uga.edu.for.address> wrote:

> To be precise, here's how it goes:

> "This is M... C..., how can I help you?"

> (long pause) "Uh..." (long pause) "Is this M... C...?"

> "Just what I said. How can I help you?"

> "Uh... uh..."

> I presume telemarketers are only trained to talk, not to comprehend
> speech.

Chances are that the telemarketer didn't hear your first sentence
because the predictive dialer took too long to connect her.

Greetings,

Marc

Marc Haber | " Questions are the | Mailadresse in Header
Mannheim, Germany | Beginning of Wisdom " | http://www.zugschlus.de/

Go to Next message: Mr Joseph Singer: "Re: Best Way to Answer a Business Phone?"
Go to Previous message: Mike Spencer: "Re: Best Way to Answer a Business Phone?"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Best Way to Answer a Business Phone?"