TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Best Way to Answer a Business Phone?

Re: Best Way to Answer a Business Phone?

Jerry (whoisit@nowhere.com)
Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:56:20 -0700

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:

> Many companies today answer their phone with a long winded answer. As
> a customer, I find it annoying and distracting. Which do you think is
> best?

> a) "Jones & Co."

> b) "Good morning, Jones & Co."

> c) "Thank you for calling Jones & Co, this is John Smith speaking, how
> may I direct your call?"

> d) "Thank you for calling Jones & Co, this is John Smith speaking, how
> may I give you the best customer service ever today?"

> While waiting in line at the video store, the clerk had to answer the
> phone with D. To me, that was a waste of time, especially when other
> customers are waiting.

a.

Go to Next message: mc: "Re: Best Way to Answer a Business Phone?"
Go to Previous message: DLR: "Re: Best Way to Answer a Business Phone?"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Best Way to Answer a Business Phone?"