TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Color 3 Slot Payphones?

Re: Color 3 Slot Payphones?

Scott Dorsey (kludge@panix.com)
11 Sep 2006 11:05:37 -0400

Paul Robinson <paul@paul-robinson.us> wrote:

> hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:

>> An old "Brady Bunch" episode showed the parents using 3 slot pay
>> phones in a fancy restaurant. They were beige.

> It is possible they were GTE. GTE's clone of AT&T's manufacturing arm
> Western Electric, was called "Automatic Electric" and GTE pay phones
> were beige; I never saw any other color. This was in Long Beach,
> California (and possibly Santa Monica and some other beach cities)
> circa 1973-1987 (when our family left California).

I dunno, in the Brady Bunch episode, they actually worked. This would
indicate they were probably not GTE.

scott

Go to Next message: Charles Gray: "Re: History of Automated Operator Services"
Go to Previous message: mc: "Re: Can you Connect 2 Lines in the NIU Together; Make the Same Line"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Color 3 Slot Payphones?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page