TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Is AT&T up to Its Tricks Again?

Re: Is AT&T up to Its Tricks Again?

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
5 Sep 2006 21:20:43 -0700

nospam256k@yahoo.com wrote:

> First of all, they had never notified me that they would start
> charging a monthly minimum charge, and they also never sent me any
> bill for the previous month either!

> Has anyone else had this happen?

Unfortunately today MANY companies include key rate changes in fine
print buried in your monthly statement. If you look closely at your
checking statement or phone bill, you'll notice lots of fine print,
usually about stuff like calling between New Zealand and New Foundland
being no longer discounted on Queen's Day, totally irrelevent to you.
But buried in such notices are rate changes that are significant to
you.

I bet if you got a magnifying glass and checked your past AT&T bills
or inserts you'll find such notice some months ago.

Anyway, I suggest calling them up and complaining strongly. If they
don't waive the charges, dump them and get someone else. (Others will
probably charge similar to AT&T though). Local companies provide LD
now and I'm satisified with mine though my needs are different.

Go to Next message: Matt Simpson: "Re: Is AT&T up to Its Tricks Again?"
Go to Previous message: jared: "Re: Is AT&T up to Its Tricks Again?"
May be in reply to: nospam256k@yahoo.com: "Is AT&T up to Its Tricks Again?"