TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Verizon Raising Rates on Many of its Services in Ohio

Re: Verizon Raising Rates on Many of its Services in Ohio

Mr Joseph Singer (joeofseattle@yahoo.com)
Fri, 11 Aug 2006 18:47:23 PDT

Fri, 11 Aug 2006 01:17:39 -0500 John Nolan, Dayton Daily News
<dayton@telcom-digest.org> wrote:

> DAYTON | Verizon Communications Inc. has taken advantage of a
> state-granted privilege to raise rates on its own for some telephone
> services, Ohio's consumer advocate said Thursday.

[snip]

> The price increases allow Verizon to compete with providers of
> wireless phone service, Internet-based phone capability and cable
> television companies which offer phone service, Verizon spokesman Bill
> Kula said.

Somehow this "logic" escapes me. Verizon is *increasing* rates for
extra services when the competing services from VOiP and cellphones
are *including* all these services in the base cost of service. By
that logic increasing the price of services will make the services
more desirable?

Is it any wonder that traditional phone companies are worried for
their very existance? I guess it makes as much sense as increasing
the cost of coin phones to "compete" with cellphones.

Go to Next message: Thor Lancelot Simon: "Re: 1010987 #"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Using a 608"
May be in reply to: John Nolan, Dayton Daily News : "Verizon Raising Rates on Many of its Services in Ohio"