TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: SS7 VS TCP/IP

Re: SS7 VS TCP/IP

Scott Dorsey (kludge@panix.com)
10 Aug 2006 09:00:39 -0400

mailursubbu@gmail.com wrote:

> I am very new to the Telecom world. I have a basic doubt. Why people
> are using the SS7 protocol instead of TCP/IP Stack.

Because they are totally different things for totally different jobs.

IP isn't even remotely designed for realtime applications. The current
trend of using IP for everything under the sun because the hardware is
cheap and available mostly is possible only because bandwidth is cheap too.

--scott

Go to Next message: Mr Joseph Singer: "Re: Speed 8 and Speed 30 (re: ESS Feature Usage)"
Go to Previous message: DLR: "Re: SS7 VS TCP/IP"
May be in reply to: mailursubbu@gmail.com: "SS7 VS TCP/IP"