TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Need Info Re A/C 650 Dialing Problem

Need Info Re A/C 650 Dialing Problem

David Kaye (sfdavidkaye2@yahoo.com)
9 Aug 2006 16:07:38 -0700

I have phone book ads in the two directories in San Mateo County.
When they were first distributed in June I began getting phone calls.
As of July 5th or so I haven't gotten any calls from that area code.

Today I drove to South San Francisco, in area code 650, and used a pay
phone to call my own number. If I dial 1-415-271-xxxx (my number) I
get through fine. If I dial 415-271-xxxx (wthout the 1) I do *not*
get the "You must first dial 1", but instead I get the "The number you
have reached is not in service at this time". I think this is at the
crux of the problem.

Can anybody shed any light on this? Does anybody here know someone at
AT&T/SBC who can see to it that the "You must first dial 1" recording
is restored the way it should be?

I'm spending $2,000 on phone book ads this year and I unless this is
resolved it's money wasted.

Go to Next message: USTelecom dailyLead: "Spectrum Auction Set For Today"
Go to Previous message: mailursubbu@gmail.com: "SS7 VS TCP/IP"
May be reply: Ken Abrams: "Re: Need Info Re A/C 650 Dialing Problem"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page