TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cingular Analog/TDMA Surcharge

Re: Cingular Analog/TDMA Surcharge

DLR (news23@raleighthings.com)
Mon, 31 Jul 2006 06:29:25 -0400

John Levine wrote:

>> Effective with their September invoice, Cingular customers will start
>> receiving a monthly network service charge of $4.99 for each TDMA or
>> Analog line of service on their account.

> Any idea if this applies to those of us with GAIT phones that do GSM
> as well as TDMA, and analog?

The issue is that the new digital protocols use less than 1/50 of the
radio bandwidth of a cell tower. So what they really want is for all
the older analog phones to be tossed in the trash. But that would
upset some folks. So this is a nudge for them to switch to s new
phone. And I'm sure they'll "make a deal" if it helps you to switch.

GSM is a digital technology.

Go to Next message: Robert Weller: "Re: 2.4Ghz vs. 5.8Ghz Cordless Phones and Health"
Go to Previous message: John Levine: "Re: Cingular Analog/TDMA Surcharge"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Cingular Analog/TDMA Surcharge"