TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: The Death Thoes of Pay Phones

Re: The Death Thoes of Pay Phones

Mark Atwood (me@mark.atwood.name)
Sat, 29 Jul 2006 06:35:25 GMT

Samantha Gross <ap@telecom-digest.org> writes:

> The drop in pay-phone numbers angers advocates, who are quick to point
> out that cell phones -- and sometimes any phones at all -- are
> prohibitively expensive for many people.

> A full 7.1 percent of the nation's households had no phone of any kind
> in November 2005, up from 4.7 percent three years earlier, according
> to the Federal Communications Commission.

These two paragraphs are not necessarily linked.

Or rather, more and more households "had no phone of any kind" for
reasons other than poverty.

Most of my friends and acquaintances are reasonably prosperous, and
most of them don't have any landline phone service at all. They use
their cellphone for everything.

Mark Atwood When you do things right, people won't be sure
me@mark.atwood.name you've done anything at all.
http://mark.atwood.name/ http://fallenpegasus.livejournal.com/

Go to Next message: Mr Joseph Singer: "Re: The Death Thoes (sic) of Pay Phones"
Go to Previous message: Rick Merrill: "Re: 2.4Ghz vs. 5.8Ghz Cordless Phones and Health Concerns"
May be in reply to: Samantha Gross: "The Death Thoes of Pay Phones"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page