TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Odd Dialing Code

Re: Odd Dialing Code

Mr Joseph Singer (joeofseattle@yahoo.com)
Thu, 20 Jul 2006 08:20:41 -0700 (PDT)

Wed, 19 Jul 2006 14:35:50 EDT dp@icmail.net wrote:

> Where I live, it is possible to setup a call to virtually any
> destination number using the format:

> [+] 1 - 611 - [NPA] - [NXX] - [XXXX]

> and after a few unsuccessful attempts (diverted to intercept recording
> that references "0 7 7 P" at the end) ... calls will ring through.

Since you don't mention where you live or which cellular company you
are using no one can make a check with any authority. I tried the
number sequence you have as above with both a T-Mobile prepaid and a
T-Mobile postpaid monthly line and all calls placed in the sequence
listed get an error recording from T-Mobile. Perhaps you could give a
little more detail such as where you are and which service you are
using.

The reality is that a company is not very likely to leave a big
loophole in their service to allow unbilled calls. What you describe
sounds a bit suspicious to me.

Go to Next message: jared: "Re: Caution: Unidentified Callers - VoIP"
Go to Previous message: Anthony Bellanga: "Re: Odd Dialing Code"
May be in reply to: dp@icmail.net: "Odd Dialing Code"