TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Back to Being a Luddite (Oh Well)

Re: Back to Being a Luddite (Oh Well)

John Hines (jbhines@newsguy.com)
Mon, 10 Jul 2006 20:55:21 -0500

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:

> But then I found out the downside. My speed won't increase that much
> because of the need for a firewall and virus protection. Everything
> coming across the line, including today's constant java applets, must
> be carefully checked for virus and spyware infestation. That slows
> stuff down greatly.

Try installing Firefox as your browser. With the adblock plug in it is
very effective at nailing popups before they display.

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

> How much effort do the "powers that be" spend on tracking down and
> imprisoning saboteurs of the Internet? Considering the flood of
> viruses and spyware out there, I don't think very much time at all.

The defacto standard browser, MS's IE hasn't been updated in years, MS
is a promoting a beta of their latest attempt.

Silly sig to prevent isp ad

Go to Next message: Gene S. Berkowitz: "Re: Back to Being a Luddite (Oh Well)"
Go to Previous message: mc: "Re: Back to Being a Luddite (Oh Well)"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Back to Being a Luddite (Oh Well)"