TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Maryland Tax Court Upholds Cell Phone Fees

Re: Maryland Tax Court Upholds Cell Phone Fees

Danny Burstein (dannyb@panix.com)
Tue, 4 Jul 2006 23:41:06 UTC

In <telecom25.249.2@telecom-digest.org> Associated Press News Wire
<ap@telecom-digest.org> writes:

> Two of Maryland's largest jurisdictions did not overstep their
> authority by imposing cell phone fees, the state tax court has ruled.

Ok, who here believes that a "state tax court", operated by the state,
paid for by state _tax revenue_, is a disinterested party? Do I see a
single hand out there?

It will indeed be interesting to see what happens if the cellcos bring
a similar action in a federal court. I can see plenty of causes
(although I most assuredly wouldn't bet on any of them succeeding).

Disclosure: I'm not only a cellular customer, I also own stock in one
of the companies.

dannyb@panix.com

Go to Next message: mc: "Re: Last Laugh! Did You Hear the One About the Nuclear Warhead?"
Go to Previous message: DLR: "Re: NorVergence Founders Fined For Fraud"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page