TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Verizon 100-Mbps Broadband Home Router

Re: Verizon 100-Mbps Broadband Home Router

W Howard (whoward@login3.srv.ualberta.ca)
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:24:31 +0000 (UTC)

In article <telecom25.243.7@telecom-digest.org>, Monty Solomon
<monty@roscom.com> wrote:

> Verizon Unlocks Full Potential of Fiber-Based FiOS Internet and
> Video Services With Advanced 100-Mbps Broadband Home Router
> - Jun 28, 2006 08:00 AM (PR Newswire)

Someone needs to take Verizon's PR flack out for some education.

Even cheap fiber, which I assume they are using, can do well over 1
Gbps. They aren't unlocking the full potential until they deliver
that.

It may well be the case that no one else integrates a router as fast
as 100 Mbps with the broadband modem. But not all of us want both
functions in the same box. And "better than the other vendors" is not
the same as "unlocks full potential of fiber".

Walt

Go to Next message: davidesan@gmail.com: "Re: Bellsouth Keeps Calling"
Go to Previous message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: Junk Cell Phone Call"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Verizon 100-Mbps Broadband Home Router"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page